Indian Consulate General, Visa Section
- Submit your valid, signed U.S. Passport, must have 6 months remaining validity and contain at least one blank visa page
- 1 Application Form, you must complete, print and sign the visa form (Caution: any typographical error will result in the application being rejected)
- 2 Passport photos required
- Airline or Travel agency itinerary showing departure from the USA. Applicants for Conference Visa should also include a copy of an invitation from the Conference organizer.
- A clear photocopy of Driver's License as proof of residence in the Consulate area of jurisdiction. Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Letter of Invitation from host company or Joint Venture partner in India required for 10 year business visa
- A business letter of responsibility is required, to be typewritten on your company letterhead and addressed to:
The letter must state all of the following
ALSO, a letter of invitation
- The nature of the business performed
- The name and address of the business reference to be visited
- The duration of intended stay in India
- Must contain statement requesting visa validity required i.e. 6 months, 1 year, 5 years or 10 years (should match application question #25)
- Guarantee sufficient financial support for the visit
- Guarantee return transportation to the USA.
- The business letter should be signed by a company officer other than the applicant.
from the sponsoring organization in India, typed on the organization's letterhead and stating all of the following:
Indian Consulate General, Visa Section
- The nature of the applicant's business;
- The probable duration of stay in India;
- Statement requesting visa validity required i.e. 6 months, 1 year, 5 years or 10 years (should match application question #25);
- Places and organizations to be visited in India;
- Guarantee sufficient financial support for the visit.
- Tourist Visa
- 6 Month Multiple Entry Tourist visa will be $53.00
- 1 Year Multiple Entry Tourist visa fee will be $78.00
- 5 Year Multiple Entry Tourist visa fee will be $143.00
- Business Visa
- 6 Month Multiple Entry Business visa will not be granted
- 1 Year Multiple Entry Business visa fee will be $133.00
- 5 Year Multiple Entry Business visa fee will be $213.00
- Conference Visa
- 3 Month Single Entry Conference visa will be $ 93.00
- Student Visa
- 1 Year Multiple Entry Student visa fee will be $88.00
Note: If applications for the five year or ten year visa are not granted (this happens rarely), a one year multiple entries visa will be substituted. The difference in Consular fees is not refunded by the Embassy of India and therefore cannot be refunded by TDS.
Please note that non-US citizens who are short term visa holders will be charged a reference fee of $20.00 in addition to the total fees listed above. US Green card holders and those who have a US long term visa (3 years or more) will not be charged the reference fee.
Gratis visas are given to nationals of the following countries ($13 processing fee applies):
Afghanistan, Argentina, Bangladesh, Hungary, Jamaica, Maldives, Mongolia, Mauritius, Poland, Slovak Rep., South Africa, Uruguay.
Russian, Romanian, and Pakistani Nationals: Separate fee schedule
Your visit to India must be completed prior to the expiration of the visa, or prior to end of the period of stay granted by India Immigration authorities, whichever comes first.
Consular jurisdiction applies to all visas for India.
This information pertains to applicants who are residents of the following states:
If you do not reside in one of these states, and you are travelling to India for any purpose, contact us for your state of residence to obtain the correct form and instructions for your visa.
Religious ministers applying for tourist visas must write a letter declaring they will not perform religious ceremonies while visiting India.