The Visa is valid only for travel within three months from the date of issue and is valid only for a One(1) month stay in Egypt, beginning on the date of arrival. If you have a reason to extend your stay, you can do that from the ministry of interior affairs in Egypt after declaring the reasons for that and their acceptance for that reasons.
There are two types of Egyptian visas:
- Tourist Visa: is usually valid for a period not exceeding three months and granted on either single or multiple entry basis.
- Entry Visa: is required for any foreigner arriving in Egypt for purposes other than tourism, e.g. business, work, study, etc. The possession of a valid Entry Visa is needed to complete the residence procedure in Egypt.
Those in possession of a residence permit in Egypt are not required to obtain an entry visa if they leave the country and return to it within the validity of their residence permit or within six months, whichever period is less.
Egyptian visa fees do not apply to the following:
- Holders of diplomatic passports.
- Officials of international organizations and specialized agencies and state delegates to conferences.
- Arab League officials.
- Non-national spouses of Egyptian nationals.
- Non-diplomatic personnel of diplomatic and consular missions residing in Egypt.
- Parents, siblings and adult children of members of the diplomatic and consular corps residing in Egypt.
Any Egyptian citizen holding a foreign passport will be granted a visa free of charge (gratis) after declaring proof for Egyptian nationality like Egyptian (passport, personal or family identification card), also the foreign wife to Egyptian husband will be granted a visa free of charge after declaring a proof for their marriage (Egyptian Marriage Certificate only).
American citizens (holding American passport and not any other kind of documents) can obtain a visa (single entry or multiple entries) through the Consulate for $15. Also, they can obtain a visa upon arrival in Egypt (The departure from the arrival port will be delayed for some time until obtaining the visa).
Citizens of some countries need to have a clearance from Egyptian authorities before granting them tourist or entry visa which takes not less than 6 weeks, so please contact the consulate and dial extension 14 to know about your case.
You can download the visa application form, obtain it from the consulate or sending a mail request to the consulate with self-addressed stamped envelope.
For Business visa applicants, kindly enclose a letter from the Company stating the purpose of the trip, duration of stay, and who would be responsible for travel & accommodation expenses.
Visa fees vary from one nationality to another. The US Citizen fee is $15. For other nationalities, please contact the Consulate and enter the extension no. 14.
To obtain a visa, please submit the following to the consulate:
- A valid passport for at least 6 months, and a blank page to stamp the visa.
- One passport-size photo.
- Completed application.
- Visa fees in cash, Postal money order or Certified Check payable to “Consulate of Egypt in New York”, Personal & Business Check are not accepted.
The consulate needs 3 - 5 business days to process your visa. Any missing documents will delay this process.